Poppy PRINCE OF ORANGE ORANGE-SCARLET Papaver Orientale Perennial Poppies Non-GMO 500 Seeds
'Prince of Orange'
100% Pure Seed – Non-GMO - Seeds need to be cold stratified for successful germination or planted in fall so they can go through a cold winter
- About Oriental Poppy Seeds - Prince of Orange
- Papaver orientale
- Perennial; Gorgeous, bold color!
- Large red-orange flowers bloom in summer
- Poppy seeds require a cool period of 2-4 weeks to break dormancy, and some gardeners choose to cold stratify their seeds.
- Boasting large and intensely colored blooms, this Oriental Poppy is easy to grow and sun-loving.
- A double layer of orange-scarlet petals are each dabbed with black giving this bloom a touch of the exotic.
- A perennial poppy that does well in cooler climates.
- Oriental Poppy (Papaver Orientale Orange-Scarlet) - Easy-to-grow from Oriental Poppy seeds, no border should be without an incredible display of these intensely colored blooms. Orange scarlet blooms with a black eye add an exotic feeling to any sunny flower garden. The hairy foliage emerges early in the spring, and the Oriental Poppy plants quickly reach maturity. Papaver orientale will go dormant after it blooms, so plant Poppies among later emerging sun-loving, sprawling perennials that will fill the space. Oriental Poppies prefer full sun and moderately fertile, well-drained soil, and they attract bees, butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Tall-Growing Perennial. Poppy seeds are most commonly sown directly outdoors. The seeds require cold treatment in order to germinate, so sow them in the fall after the soil has cooled. Seeds can also be sown in early spring a month before the last frost. Prepare and loosen a seedbed, and then scatter seeds over it. Cover the seeds with a light dusting of soil: light is needed for germination. Seeds should be kept moist until germination. Germination takes about 14-21 days. Oriental poppies are native to the cold regions of Asia, and thus dislike heat and humidity. The plants grow in clumps, so spreading by division or transplanting is not ideal.
SEED TYPE: Heirloom
LIFE CYCLE: Perennial
PLANTING SEASON: Spring
COLOR: Scarlet Red / Orange
PLANT CHARACTERISTICS: Attracts Pollinators, Easy to Grow & Maintain
GROWING CONDITIONS: Drought Tolerant
Poppy PRINCE OF ORANGE Red Orientale Perennial Fall Planting Non-GMO 500 Seeds
Returns accepted within 30 days. Product must be in the same condition it was shipped in. Buyer pays shipping.