Poppy LAURENS GRAPE somniferum Dark Purple 4" Large Blooms Non-GMO 500 Seeds!
100% Pure Seed – Non-GMO - Fresh for this season!
There is a local legend that renowned Colorado garden writer Lauren Springer sowed some poppy seeds from a bagel and discovered this unique variety. In reality, this experienced horticulturist spent years culling the seeds from the rich purple poppies growing in her garden, knowing gardeners would appreciate the superb beauty of this stunning variety.
- Papaver somniferum
- Poppy seeds need to be cold stratified to germinate.
- Laurens Grape Single, 4" blossoms in a mix of plum, purple, amethyst, violet and magenta!
- Noteworthy to say the least! Lauren's Grape Poppy is a hardy annual, producing up to 5 blooms per plant.
- Once established, can tolerate sun, shade, cultivated or neglected conditions.
- Hardy annual - Grows 24-30 Inches
- Up to 4 Inches blossoms - Up to 5 Blooms per Plant
- Name: Poppy Seeds - Laurens Grape
- Botanical Name: Papaver somniferum
- Life Cycle: Annual
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Planting Season: Spring
- Plant Type: Tall green stems with petals in shades of plum, purple, amethyst, violet and magenta and a pale yellow heart.
- Features: Open Pollinated, Attracts Pollinators, Drought Tolerant, Container Garden, Easy to Grow & Maintain
- Color: Purple
- Blooms: Summer
- Plant Height: 24-30 inches
- Plant Spacing: 6-8 inches
- Planting Depth: 1/16 inch
- Sowing Method: Start Indoors, Direct Sow
- Cold Stratification: Yes; direct sowing is recommended in late fall or early spring for zones 2-8
- Hardiness Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Ships: Year Round
Poppy LAURENS GRAPE Rare Purple Somniferum 4" Large Flowers Non-GMO 500 Seeds
Returns accepted within 30 days. Product must be in the same condition it was shipped in. Buyer pays shipping.