Poppy HENS & CHICKS Fall Planting Unique Pods Purple Blooms Non-GMO 200 Seeds!
100% Pure Seed – Non-GMO – Fresh for this Season
POPPY SEEDS - HENS & CHICKS
- Papaver somniferum
- Tall-growing annual with spectacular blooms
- Open pollinated and easy to grow with purple Summer blooms
- Poppy seeds need to be cold stratified to germinate. Instructions are below.
- Characterized by its unique pod, this variety of Poppy Flower Seed will not disappoint in your garden!
- (P. somniferum) Extraterrestrial and out of this world! The Hen and Chicks poppy is highly coveted by fine florists who use the unusual seed heads in arrangements. Named for its unusual habit of forming small clusters of smaller seed pods in a halo shape around the main seed pod, like a momma hen and her chicks. The fresh flowers are gorgeous in their own right, with silky pink petals splashed with purple. As the petals fall, the strikingly unusual form of the seed pods is fully revealed! Plants stand 2.5 to 3 feet tall on long slender stems, excellent for cutting and drying. Annual that easily self sows.
- The somniferum poppy is prized for the amount of seed produced by individual pods, suitable for baking and making oils.
- However, this Poppy's culinary uses are overshadowed by the spectacular blooms it produces!
- The bloom itself flaunts large, paper thin lilac petals with dark purple center spots that will glow with color in sunlight.
- Name: Poppy Seeds - Hens & Chicks
- Botanical Name: Papaver somniferum
- Life Cycle: Annual
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Planting Season: Spring
- Plant Type: Tall green stalks with light purple and pink blossoms of paper thin petals.
- Features: Open Pollinated, Attracts Pollinators, Drought Tolerant, Container Garden, Easy to Grow & Maintain
- Color: Pink, Purple
- Blooms: Summer
- Plant Height: Up to 32 inches
- Plant Spacing: 6-8 inches
- Planting Depth: 1/16 inch
- Sowing Method: Start Indoors, Direct Sow
- Cold Stratification: Yes
- Hardiness Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Ships: Year Round
ADVANTAGES OF THIS FLOWER
- Zones 3 - 10
- Easy To Grow
- Bee Friendly
- Deer Resistant
- Low Maintenance
- Multiple Blooms / Rebloomer
- Extended Bloom Time (more than 4 weeks)
- Plants For Small Spaces
- Great For Mass Plantings
- Light Requirements
- Full Sun
- Half Sun / Half Shade
- Bloom Time: Spring and Summer
Poppy HENS & CHICKS Fall Planting Unique Pods Purple Blooms Non-GMO 200 Seeds
Returns accepted within 30 days. Product must be in the same condition it was shipped in. Buyer pays shipping.