Poppy Flower BLACK SWAN (Purple) 3-5" Semi-Double Blooms Heirloom Pure Non-GMO 300 Seeds
100% Pure Seed – Non-GMO – Fresh for this Season – Guaranteed to Grow
- Papaver laciniatum
- Annual - Grows 24-30 Inches
- Frilly large blooms appear almost black
- Poppy seeds need to be cold stratified to germinate.
- 'Black Swan' is too gorgeous to tuck away into a collage of other flowers, with its intricate, finely cut petals as dark as cabernet.
- Sow it along a path you frequent or in a large container where you can admire its richly colored 3"–5" semi-double blossoms on graceful, curved, swan-like necks, while bees savor the nectar. Harvest them for exquisite bouquets.
- Easy to grow in full sun and well draining soil, enjoy Shirley poppies in your garden this spring.
- A must-have for any wildflower meadow or garden, this easy-to-grow annual delights with bright blooms throughout the summer season.
- Deer resistant and attractive to pollinators, Poppies can be planted in any region of the US.
- We're proud to sell only 100% pure, non-GMO seeds. Guaranteed to grow.
- Name: Poppy Seeds - Black Swan
- Botanical Name: Papaver laciniatum
- Life Cycle: Annual
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Planting Season: Spring
- Plant Type: Tall green stems with dark red, almost black petals and a pale light green heart
- Features: Open Pollinated, Attracts Pollinators, Drought Tolerant, Container Garden, Easy to Grow & Maintain
- Color: Purple
- Blooms: Summer
- Plant Height: Up to 30 inches
- Plant Spacing: 6-8 inches
- Planting Depth: 1/16 inch
- Sowing Method: Direct Sow
- Cold Stratification: Yes; direct sowing is recommended in late fall or early spring for zones 2-8
- Hardiness Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Ships: Year Round
ADVANTAGES OF THIS FLOWER
- Zones 1 - 10
- Easy To Grow
- Bee Friendly
- Deer Resistant
- Low Maintenance
- Multiple Blooms / Rebloomer
- Extended Bloom Time (more than 4 weeks)
- Plants For Small Spaces
- Great For Mass Plantings
- Light Requirements
- Full Sun
- Half Sun / Half Shade
- Bloom Time Summer