GAYFEATHER Blazing Star Marsh Blazingstar Honey Bees CutFlowers Perennial 4’ Tall Purple 200 Seeds
Pure Seed – Non-GMO – Fresh – No Filler
- (Liatris spicata)
- Bioswale, Butterfly, CRP Practices, Cut Flower, Honey Bee, Pollinator, Rain Garden, U.S. Native
- Gayfeather is an eastern U.S. native which also goes by the name of Marsh Blazingstar.
- It grows best in full sun with moist to mesic conditions and tolerates the combination of heat and humidity.
- Plants can grow up to 4 feet tall and produce purple, feathery wands that give the species its name.
- Recommended for the home garden and for cutting.
- Also useful in meadow plantings and rain gardens as well as prairie and pollinator mixes.
- Attracts seed-eaters and pollinators such as butterflies, honey bees and wild bees.
- Serves as a host plant for the rare Glorious Flower Moth (Schinia gloriosa)..
- Name: Gayfeather / Blazing Star Seeds
- Botanical Name: Liatris spicata
- Life Cycle: Perennial
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Planting Season: Spring, Fall
- Plant Type: Green shrub with tall spikes of tiny purple florettes
- Features: Heirloom, Attracts Pollinators, Drought Tolerant, Deer Resistant, Cut Flower Garden, Container Garden
- Color: Purple
- Blooms: Summer
- Plant Height: Up to 28 inches
- Plant Spacing: 12-18 inches
- Planting Depth: 1/16th
- Sowing Method: Direct Sow
- Cold Stratification: No
- Hardiness Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Ships: Year Round
GAYFEATHER (Marsh Blazingstar) CutFlowers Perennial Honeybees Non-GMO 200 Seeds
Returns accepted within 30 days. Product must be in the same condition it was shipped in. Buyer pays shipping.