QUEEN SOPHIA French Marigold 3" Flowers Pollinators Beneficial AAS WINNER Non-GMO 200 Seeds
- Dark orange petals rimmed in gold.
- This 1979 All-America Selections winner has large, showy fully double blossoms with russet red petals and a delicate rim of gold on the edges.
- Blooms early.
- Queen Sophia, with its 2 1/2–3" blooms, continues to be a favorite around the world.
- Attracts beneficial insects such as hoverflies.
- Leaves of the plant are edible and are used as flavorful salad greens and garnish.
- Also known as French marigold.
- AAS winner.
- Edible Flowers: Use the flowers to dress up salads and desserts or cooked in egg or rice dishes. Flavor is floral with hints of citrus and spice, and slightly bitter. Remove the petals from the flower base before consuming as the base can be quite bitter.
- Grows Well in Containers
- Great for : Beds, borders, mass plantings, containers, and window boxes. Edible flowers, cut flowers (tall varieties)
- LATIN NAME: Tagetes patula
- DAYS TO MATURITY: 60 Days
- LIFE CYCLE: Annual
- HYBRID STATUS: Open Pollinated
- DAYS TO GERMINATION: 4-7 days at 75-80°F (24-27°C)
- LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
- PLANT SPACING: 8-18". French Marigold: 8-12". Gem Marigold: 12". African Marigold: 12-18".
- HARDINESS ZONES: Annual.
- HARVEST: Flowers are fully open but still have tight centers.
French Marigold QUEEN SOPHIA Beneficial Flower Heirloom Garden Non-GMO 200 Seeds
Returns accepted within 30 days. Product must be in the same condition it was shipped in. Buyer pays shipping.