Cornflower / Bachelor Button RED, WHITE & BLUE Americana Mix
AAS WINNER / Heirloom Sun/Shade Non-GMO 300 seeds
- Pure Seed – Fresh – No Fillers
- Centaurea cyanus
- Biennial; Grows up to 16 Inches
- Early season bloomer and blooms throughout the season. Plant two weeks apart for a succession of blooms.
- Prefers sun or shade exposure
- This beautiful and dependable annual in periwinkle blue is native to Europe, though has made its home across North America.
- Drought tolerant, Tall Blue Bachelor Buttons prefer to bloom during the cooler temps of spring and can be used as a wonderful cut flower as well.
- Some gardeners also like to dry cornflowers, as they keep their color very well!
- Cornflower "Tall Blue" is a true wildflower classic, and a standard in any "wild" garden.
Pair with the Tall Red and Tall White for a Patriotic display!
- Name: Cornflower / Bachelor Button Seeds - Tall Blue
- Botanical Name: Centaurea cyanus
- Life Cycle: Annual
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Planting Season: Spring
- Plant Type: Tall Habit, Double Daisy-Like Flower Heads, Lanceolate Leaf Shape, Branching Stems
- Features: Heirloom, Attracts Pollinators, Deer Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Poor Soil Tolerant, Cut Flower Garden, Extended Bloom Time, Container Garden, Edible
- Color: Red
- Blooms: Spring, Late Spring, Early Summer, Summer
- Days to Maturity: 60-90 Days
- Plant Height: 30-36 inches
- Plant Spacing: 6-8 inches
- Planting Depth: 1/4 inch
- Sowing Method: Start Indoors, Direct Sow
- Cold Stratification: No
- Hardiness Zones: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Ships: Year Round