BUTTERFLY MILKWEED MIX DELUXE 4 Species Perennials Monarch Host Non-GMO 100 Seeds
No Fillers – Pure Seed – Non-GMO – Safe Seed Pledge
- Orange , Swamp, Common, and Showy Milkweed all Perennials. Orange (Asclepias tuberosa), Swamp (Asclepias incarnata), Common (Asclepias syriaca), Showy (Asclepias speciosa).
- Fall Planting is great. Seeds will cold stratify naturally through the winter.
- If planting in Spring, cold stratify your seeds in the refrigerator first. Plant seeds 1/4-1/2 inch apart, and then cover them with about 1/4 inch of additional soil. Water the area frequently after planting until plants become established. Detailed Instructions below. Also we recommend watching YouTube videos!
- Long blooming perennial pollinator attractor
- Heirloom variety with long lasting, white summer blooms
- Thrives in bright, sunny growing areas
- Monarch populations have been in decline for a number of years, and the loss of nectar sources and milkweeds has been indicated as a major contributor to these declines. This mixture is composed of native wildflowers, garden flowers and milkweeds which supply nectar sources for adult monarchs. Milkweeds are utilized for egg-laying and provide food to monarch caterpillars.
- Crisp blooms atop lush foliage are a sight to behold all on their own, but once they begin to attract bright and beautiful butterflies to your yard, we're sure that Milkweed will become an instant favorite!
- A long blooming perennial, it takes some time to establish Asclepias from seed, but the effort is well worth the reward
- Name: Butterfly Milkweed Mix - Seed
- Life Cycle: Perennial
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Planting Season: Spring, Fall
- Plant Type: North American Native, Tuberous-Rooted Herbaceous Perennial, Clusters of Bright Flowers Atop Upright Hairy Stems, Lanceolate Leaf Shape
- Features: Heirloom, Attracts Pollinators, Attracts Hummingbirds, Container Garden, Cut Flower Garden, Good for Dried Flowers, Deer Resistant, Rabbit Resistant, Fragrant, Poor Soil Tolerant, Drought Tolerant
- Color: Orange, Pink
- Blooms: Summer, Late Summer, Early Fall, Fall
- Days to Maturity: 90-120 Days
- Plant Height: 28 inches
- Plant Spacing: 15-18 inches
- Planting Depth: 1/8 inch
- Sowing Method: Start Indoors, Direct Sow
- Cold Stratification:Yes
- Hardiness Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Ships: Year Round
Butterfly MILKWEED MIX DELUXE Monarch Host Plant Perennials Non-GMO 100 Seeds
Returns accepted within 30 days. Product must be in the same condition it was shipped in. Buyer pays shipping.