Creeping Thyme RED Perennial Ground Cover Fragrant HERB Fragrant Summer Blooms Non-GMO 500 Seeds
Pure Seed – Non-GMO – Fresh – No Filler
- Creeping Thyme RED Perennial Ground Cover, Fragrant, Blooms the first year, 2-4"
- There is a lot to love about Red Creeping Thyme. In early summer Red Creeping Thyme covers the floor of your garden in a sea of magenta or lavender-red.
- A low, mat-forming plant with fragrant foliage as well as beautiful blooms, it is easy and irresistible in any sunny setting.
- Just a few inches high, the plant is densely covered with tiny, dark green, shiny leaves that are intensely aromatic when crushed—plant them between paving stones and enjoy their fragrance every time you pass by. You'll find yourself in wonderland with the thick carpet of fragrant vivid blooms carpeting your garden.
- Evergreen in the South, semievergreen in the North.
- Plant 12 to 15 inches apart in full sun and well-drained soil.
- They will start blooming in late spring, reaching 12-18 inches wide and only a couple of inches tall.
- Thymus or thymon is Greek for "courage." Through the centuries it has been used for traditions relating to this theme. Roman soldiers bathed in thyme water, European knights carried thyme tokens. Other folklore talks of thyme as being the home of fairies.
- Genus: Thymus
- Species: Praecox
- Variety 'Coccineus'
- Zone: 4 - 9
- Bloom Start to End: Late Spring - Mid Summer
- Habit Prostrate, Hanging
- Plant Height 2 in - 4 in
- Plant Width 12 in - 18 in
- Additional Characteristics: Easy Care Plants, Flower, Bloom First Year, Fragrance
- Bloom Color: Red
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements: Moist, well-drained
- Resistance: Drought Tolerant
- Soil Tolerance: Normal, loamy
- Soil PH Category: Alkaline Soil, Neutral Soil
- Hardiness Zones: 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b
- Uses: Containers, Border Plant, Edging Plant, Groundcover, Landscape, Ornamental, Outdoor, Border, Ground Cover, Foliage Interest
- Uses Notes: use in rock gardens, as ground cover or between paving stones.
- Maintenance Notes: Trim stems as necessary to control growth.
- Features: Fragrant Foliage, Deer Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Salt Tolerant, Small/Miniature, Perennial, Short height
Creeping Thyme RED Ground Cover Perennial Low HERB Fragrant Non-GMO 500 Seeds
Returns accepted within 30 days. Product must be in the same condition it was shipped in. Buyer pays shipping.